Te Pahu Challenge - Sail

On the 20th of October, half the class went to lake Ngaroto to do sailing. I was really excited.

When we got to the lake, we talked about sailing, and then set up the boats. To set up we had to put on the rudder, the centreboard, the mast, and the sail. Rylan and I had the yellow striped sail.

On the water, we learned about turning the boat and switching from the mainsheet to the rudder. We also played some games; such as collecting the most rubber duckies, tag, and more. We also got to capsize.

Rylan and I were the first ones back to shore for lunch.

After lunch, we all swapped buddies. This time I went with Justice. I was in the same boat as last time. On the water, we had water fights and capsized. Justice and I were the first ones to complete the challenge where you had to walk around the edge of the boat, without capsizing. Justice and I were the first ones back to shore to go home. 

The week after going to the lake with my class, there was an open day at the Ngaroto sailing club. I went to it and saw a few other people from my class at school. I realised how much I liked sailing, so now I take sailing lessons every Sunday at the Ngaroto Sailing Club. I am enjoying doing sailing.

Related image

Comments

Popular Posts

My Survey