Fridays with Mrs. Bourke

On Fridays, we have a different teacher;  Mrs. Bourke. 


In maths with her, we learn about the probability of things happening. We drop things with a buddy and predict which side it will land on. We then have to compare it to the other classmates and calculate the average of which side it lands on.

In literacy, we write Haikus. A Haiku is a short piece of writing with 3 sentences. The first sentence has 5 syllables, the second sentence has 7, and the third has 5. These are some haikus that I made:

The lone cow
(Inspired by a cow standing alone in the race)

The lone cow stands still.
She stands in the race, alone.
Farmer takes her home.


Maths is sleepy
(Inspired by the times when Antony and I couldn't solve maths problems and started to feel sleepy, and I said "Maths is sleepy" instead of "Maths makes me sleepy")

Hello, Antony.
Maths is very sleepy, right?
Goodnight Antony.


The wind 

(Inspired by the wind being annoying and blowing the pages of my book when I couldn't think of something to write.)

The wind is blowing.
It is very annoying.
I should go inside now.

This is a haiku

(Inspired from when I learnt how to write a haiku)


This is a haiku.
With 17 syllables
The haiku is done.

______________________________________________________
 I like doing these things on fridays.




Comments

Popular Posts

My Survey