Ag day

Ag day (Agricultural day) is where we raise a calf, lamb, or kid. Every year I have done a kid.
I really like goats, they are intelligent and are fun at ag day. You can train them to do things (like you can with puppies) and they will do them.

These are the challenges:

Most Obvious Pet (MOP)  is where you have to call your kid around the ring, and if you have trained it well, then it should follow you.

Leading:
Unlike lambs and calfs, kids have to lead around the ring but also go through 3 obstacles. The jumps, the logs, and the see-saw. Goats love jumping on things so that's why they do leading a bit differently.

Rearing:
Rearing is the only challenge where it's less about the animal and more about its owner. You need to tell the judges all of the poisonous plants, what breed the goat is, what breeds you know of, what the breeds are used for, the gender of your kid, what it is immunised for, and brushing its fur.
_________________________________________________________________________________
I really like doing ag day and I can't wait to show my friends my goat.



Comments

Popular Posts

My Survey