SNOW TRIP FUN!!!!!!!

Mount Ruapehu, Whakapapa ski field, 8:00 on Monday the 4th of September, 2017 was our snow trip, AND I LOVED IT! 

As I said in my previous posts about the snow trip, I have never been to the snow before. It was awesome. There wasn't much snow at the start, it was mostly ice, but in the afternoon it began to snow. 

It was funny because near the end of the trip in the car I smelt a really odd smell, and when we got my bag out I found a container of some kind of rotten food! It was yellow and smelt of vomit. I was so confused and threw a snowball at it. Jack was going to throw a rock on top but I took the container out so that it wouldn't break. 

We all met up at the rental room and got given our rental cards. After getting given our rental cards we then went up to the rental room and got our waterproof clothes and skis that we rented. I got blue skis with black and yellow ski poles.

After renting our stuff I went down the happy valley lift with jack and rylan. We  got to the bottom, put on our skis, and went onto the ski field. 

At the start I had no idea what I was doing, (I thought I did at the time) So when I put on my skis I went zooming down the hill and crashed into Cameron. Then when I got to the bottom  I went straight past the magic carpet (A conveyor belt that goes to the top of the hill) and I spent ages trying to walk back up to it (even though I was only a couple of meters from it!)

After the ride on the magic carpet, I finally got back up to the top, just in time for my skiing lesson. I am glad I got the lesson because without it I would have taken a long time to teach myself......  And I would have a lot more crashes.  

It was cool how at the start of the day I had no idea what I was doing, and I took about 15 minutes to go down to the bottom, but at the end of the day, I could get down to the bottom really fast, probably about a minute or less.

I also did some racing with some classmates (Jack, Josiah, and Balii)  And I won a few races. We showed each other some skills that we had learned, and we went over a few snow jumps, but I face planted in the snow most of the times I tried to do a jump.

It was fun at the end because some of the students (Including me) took off their skis and snowboards and made snowballs larger than bowling balls to throw at Mr Marquand. It was fun. In the video below you can see us throwing them at him (at 3:40 on the video you can see us on the left getting ready to throw them).

These are the awards that Mr Marquand gave to some of the students:

"Crashes of the day would have to go to Stephanie and Deegan, for how many times they crashed

'Most cruel to the teacher award' goes to Lola for the amount of snow Mr Marquand received down his back and on his face. The shot of the day does have to go to Zane though with a perfect one while Mr Marquand had his mouth open.

'Caught snoozing on the snow award' goes to Joshua, for the time he fell over and lay in the snow for ages.

Straight-line speedster would have to be Balii and Deegan, because of how fast they went in a straight line

The most 'in control-out of control in control' award goes to Cameron, for the times he lost control

The 'where's my ski' award goes to Zachary, For losing his ski while on the ski lift.


Next year I might try doing the higher level, to see how good I really can do on my skis.

I loved doing this trip, and I can't wait to do it next year!





Snow trip video:
(My group is shown in the first 5 seconds)

Snow trip photos:










Comments

Popular Posts

My Survey